Hi, I’m Edward! Somewhere in the course of majoring in philosophy, teaching in Japan, and working for Democratic campaigns, I discovered R. Today I work as a data scientist for Uptake in Chicago and spend a lot of time exploring R and data science for work and fun.
On this website, you can expect
- data visualizations, both
- static and
- animated and interactive plots;
- exciting functions to make life easier;
- updates and information about packages I write (see the menu above for their READMEs with links to their sites);
- wonderfulness from packages I love; and
- other odds and ends which may or may not relate to R, data science, politics, foreign affairs, philosophy or another subject that piques my interest and which I find worth writing about.
If you have a question, want to grab a coffee in Chicago, or otherwise would like to chat, please reach out via Twitter, email, or whatever other means you prefer.
I hope something here excites you as much as it does me. Enjoy!